Unity can read .fbx, .dae, .3ds, .dxf, .gltf, .glb, .obj, and .blend files.
Avatar models must have their animation type set to Humanoid (default is Generic) in the Rig section of the model import settings in Unity.
Most models on DeviantArt are in XNALara formats (.xps, .mesh, or .mesh.ascii).
- Tutorial: .XPS, .MESH, .ASCII to Blender to .VRCA
- Tutorial: obj/xps/mesh to rigged model in under 3 mins
- Jinxxy.com (Free and paid avatars from independent creators)
- VRCMods.com - Full Ready To Use VRChat Avatars & Models
- MIxamo Characters
- Unity Asset Store: Characters
- Ready Player Me: Make Custom VRChat Avatar From Selfie (supports export to FBX)
- The Models Resource
- p3dm.ru (Note: the webpage is in Russian)
- Unity Asset Store: Environments